Win a $1,000 Qantas Flight Voucher
Terms and Conditions - Game of Chance
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020, telephone number 1300 738206 (Promoter). This promotion is not sponsored or administered by Woolworths Limited.
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:00:00am (AEST) on Thursday 18 May 2017 and closes at 11:59:59pm (AEST) on Friday 19 May 2017 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members, who are also Woolworths Rewards members and are aged 18 or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA), and each of their and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Choose to convert Woolworths Dollars to Qantas Points in their Woolworths Rewards account and confirm their preference;
b) Remain with this conversion preference during the promotional period.
- The member name on the Woolworths Rewards card must match the member name shown in their Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Multiple entries are not permitted.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the first time during the Promotion Period that a member chooses to convert Woolworths Dollars to Qantas Points in their Woolworths Rewards account.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- There will be 96 winners drawn at 2pm (AEST) on 23 May 2017. Each draw will contain Eligible Entrants who enter during each 30-minute period during the Promotion Period. There are 96, 30-minute periods during the 48-hour promotional period. For example, the first 30-minute period is 12:00:00am - 12:29:59am (AEST) on Wednesday 17 May 2017, the second 30-minute period is 12:30:00am - 12:59:59am, and so on thereafter.
- The 96 draws will take place at 2.00pm on 23 May 2017 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draws will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
- The result of the draws are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be 96 prizes in total. The first eligible entrant drawn in each draw will win a $1,000 Qantas Flight Voucher.
- The Qantas Flight Voucher will be distributed electronically to the email address listed in the winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer profile within 4 weeks of the draw date.
- The maximum total prize pool value is AU$96,000 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize. Prize must be used within 12 months of the Voucher issue date. Full Voucher terms and conditions below.
a) Vouchers are redeemable for one-way or return Qantas domestic or international flights departing Australia. Valid for bookings within 12 months of the voucher issue date. Only one voucher can be redeemed per booking.
b) Vouchers cannot be used for multi-city, Classic Flight Rewards, or Points Plus Pay- Flights bookings, or redeemed for cash or other goods or services such as additional baggage or seat selection.
c) Vouchers can be redeemed at qantas.com or through Qantas Contact Centres. A booking fee applies to redemptions through Qantas Contact Centres.
d) If the full balance of the voucher is not redeemed in one transaction, a new voucher with the same expiry date will be issued for the unused portion of the original voucher, as set out in full terms and conditions.
e) Qantas does not charge a card payment fee on gift voucher purchases or redemptions.
f) Standard Qantas Flight Voucher terms and conditions apply. Visit qantas.com/voucherterms for full terms and conditions.
- If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a Prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winners will be notified by email by 25 May 2017 and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper and, on qantaspoints.com.au/woolworths on 30 May 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5pm (AEST) on 23 August 2017, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 6 September 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email by 13 September 2017 and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper and, on qantaspoints.com.au/woolworths on 13 September 2017.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/13799, ACT TP17/00848 & SA Licence No. T17/794.