Platinum One - Qantas Flight Simulator Competition
Full Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 27 March 2018 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 24 April 2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry into the promotion is open to Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum One members aged 18 years of age or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate; registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must be available to take the prize within the period indicated in Clause 10.4, and during the Promotion Period register via a link in the Qantas Frequent Flyer email - The Platinum One Briefing March edition for one entry into the draw. Multiple entries are not permitted. Eligible Entrants must be Platinum One members who receive the quarterly Platinum One email (The Briefing) and enter via the link provided.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
Drawing of entries
8. The draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on 27 April 2018 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
9. The result of the draw (and any redraw) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. There will be five prize winners. Each prize winner will receive:
- Two return Economy Qantas flights from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney (includes flight associated taxes, fees and carrier charges), and;
- A Qantas Flight Simulator experience for two people (the Platinum One member and their guest) held at the Qantas Flight Training Facility located on the Qantas Jetbase, situated off Qantas Drive, Mascot, adjacent to Sydney Domestic Airport. The experience consists of:
- 1 hour session for 2 people in the Boeing 747-400 flight simulator
- A one on one pre-flight briefing with an experienced Qantas instructor
- An exclusive behind the scenes tour of our Qantas Flight Training facility at the Qantas Jetbase
- A total experience of approximately 2.5 hours in duration
- An individual flight certificate and gift pack per person.
Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking.
The total maximum value of each prize is $4,300. The maximum value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum value of each Prize.
MAXIMUM TOTAL PRIZE POOL VALUE: $21,500
10.1 The prize values quoted are accurate based on a return Flexible Economy airfare from Perth to Sydney and accurate as at 20 February 2018. There will be no difference paid to the winner between the maximum value and the actual value.
10.2 The winners and their travelling companion (who must be 18 years of age or over) are responsible for all other expenses. Accommodation is not included with the prize.
10.3 Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points. If a winner is a NSW resident they will forfeit the airfare portion of the prize and no compensation will be paid or given in lieu. If the winner resides outside of Australia, airfares to Australia will not be provided.
10.4 The winners and their travelling companion must be available to redeem the Prize as outlined in clause 10 within six months. No compensation will be paid to the winners or their companion if they are unable to redeem the Prize within this time.
10.5 Qantas Flight Simulator experience details
- Qantas Flight Simulator sessions are available on Fridays with sessions commencing at 10.25am and 12.25pm only.
- Qantas Flight Simulator involves a degree of physical mobility and may not be suitable for some people. Participants must be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by the motion of the simulator. Qantas Flight Simulator advises that pregnant women should seek medical advice prior to undertaking a simulator session due to the potentially volatile nature of the simulator ride.
- When redeeming the Prize, you confirm and undertake that you have the authority to accept, and do accept, the Terms and Conditions on behalf of all participants and have the authority to act on behalf of all participants with respect to the Qantas Flight Simulator experience.
- Qantas Security requires all persons to present a current driver license or valid passport upon entry.
- Qantas Flight Simulator bookings cannot be cancelled, rescheduled or refunded. Session times are subject to change at Qantas’ discretion
- Read the Qantas Flight Simulator terms and conditions.
10.6 Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers.
10.7 A prize (or any part thereof) cannot be sold, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
10.8 The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variations in the travel itinerary due to flight delays, flight cancellations as per the prize quoted in clause 10. There will be no recourse on any financial compensation or replacement air tickets.
10.9 The winner and their companion agree to abide to any prevailing terms and conditions of flight provider (Conditions of Carriage), services provider, and in particular, any health, behaviour, age and safety requirements. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited by the winners.
10.10 The Promoter reserves the right to require the winners (and their travel companion) to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, Agent, or suppliers of prizes, in their absolute discretion including without limitation a form of waiver or release with respect to acceptance or usage of the prize, or any liability arising out of or in relation to a Prize or this Competition.
10.11 All prize elements cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash. If for any reason, a prize winner cannot take any component of the prize then that portion of the prize will be forfeited and not redeemable for cash.
10.12 All components of the prize are subject to availability. In the event that any component of a prize is unavailable for any reason, subject to State legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize component with another prize of equal value and the prize winner will be notified accordingly.
10.13 No refund or exchange except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the seller.
10.14 The Prize may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services by the bearer. If The Prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
10.15 In participating in the prize, the winner agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
10.16 The winner and their travelling companion agree that they will not sell or otherwise make available their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
10.17 If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
10.18 It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
11. The Prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. The Prizes cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winners accepts the conditions of use of that Prize.
12. The Prize winners must be available to take the prize during the stated period outlined in Clause 10.4. Inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeit of the Prize. A Prize winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize.
13. The Prizes includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winners and their guest. It is the responsibility of the Prize winners and their guest to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
14. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
15. If a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winners
16. The winners will be notified by phone and in writing by email within two business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their names will be announced online at www.qantaspoints.com/the-platinum-one-briefing/flight-simulator-competition from 1 May 2018 for a period of 28 days and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper on 4 May 2018.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
17. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If a prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 27 July 2018 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 3 August 2018 at the same time and location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within two business days of the draw and their name will be announced on online at www.qantaspoints.com/the-platinum-one-briefing/flight-simulator-competition from 7 August 2018 for a period of 28 days and their name, if any, will published in The Australian newspaper on 10 August 2018.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
18. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
19. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
20. The exclusion of liability in clause 19 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
21. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the prize winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
23. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/22711, ACT TP18/00474 and SA Licence No. T18/409.