The ‘Win Your Dream Holiday’ Competition is now closed
Congratulations to our winner; M. Jones, Kambah, ACT.
^ Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership is offered by Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901. This offer may be withdrawn at any time. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and each application is subject to approval by Qantas.
+ 1. Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 21 April 2017 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 15 August 2017 (Promotion Period). The Entry Period commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 21 April 2017 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 30 June 2017 (Entry Period). The time between the close of the Entry Period and the close of the Promotion Period will allow for points to be credited to the entrants Qantas Frequent Flyer account and entry into the draw.
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry into the promotion is open to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 years of age or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate; registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Entry Period register online at, qantaspoints.com/win-your-dream-holiday or qantaspoints.com/win-your-dream-holiday/acq or via a link in a Qantas Frequent Flyer email, make an eligible purchase or booking between 21 April 2017 and 30 June 2017 and have points credited into their Qantas Frequent Flyer account by 15 August 2017. Qantas Points are taken to be credited on the date they appear in the Qantas Frequent Flyer Activity Statement which can be checked online at qantas.com/youraccount. Depending on the cycle of transactions, it can take up to 6-8 weeks for points to be credited to the Qantas Frequent Flyer account after making an eligible purchase. Accordingly, eligible purchases made after 15 June 2017 may or may not be credited by 15 August 2017. Eligible Entrants will receive an entry into the draw for each eligible point earned and credited accordingly. Multiple entries are permitted. Eligible purchases exclude points won through any Qantas competitions and any points transferred from a rewards program or Family Transfer.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the Qantas Points are credited to the member’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Drawing of entries
8. The draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on 31 August 2017 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
9. The result of the draw (and any redraw) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. There will be one prize. The first eligible entry drawn will win two return economy flights for the winner and their guest to any single destination available for booking via qantas.com from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city (to the maximum value of AU$10,000), (includes flight associated taxes), accommodation via Qantas Hotels to the value of AU$2,500, and AU$5000 cash which will be credited to the winner’s Qantas Cash ® facility (see clauses a) - e) below). The total maximum value of the prize pool is AU$17,500. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize. Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 31 October 2017. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 20 June 2018 (Travel Period). All travel is subject to availability at all times and maybe dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partners. Black out periods include from 10 December 2017 until 25 January 2018 along with any other special event periods.
- To redeem the Qantas Cash prize, the winner will need to make sure the Qantas Cash facility on their Qantas Card is activated. To apply to activate, visit qantascash.com. In the event the winner’s activation request is declined, the prize money will be transferred to them in another manner.
- Heritage Bank Limited (AFSL 240984) (the Issuer) issues Qantas Cash under arrangements between it, Qantas and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited (AFSL 386837) (a MasterCard business). MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited distributes Qantas Cash (together with Qantas which is an authorised representative of MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited for the purposes of providing general financial product advice with respect to Qantas Cash). MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited and Qantas earn foreign exchange revenue from Qantas Cash transactions. MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited receives a processing fee from domestic Qantas Cash "point of sale" transactions. Qantas receives revenue generated by Qantas Cash transactions based on interchange fees paid to the Issuer, deposits held by the Issuer, cardholder fee and certain rebates and incentives from MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd.
- This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider the appropriateness of the information about the Qantas Cash facility having regard to those matters. A Product Disclosure Statement in respect of Qantas Cash is available via qantascash.com, and will also be given to applicants. A person should obtain and consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether to acquire or continue to hold the prepaid facility.
- Qantas Cash is unable to be used for purchases related to gambling or adult entertainment. Currently Qantas Cash cannot be used in the following countries and geographical regions due to sanctions that are currently in place: Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. If you attempt to withdraw cash from an ATM or use your Card at merchants in any of these countries and geographical regions, your request will be declined. In addition, the ATMs and POS terminals are not owned or operated by the Issuer or MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited and the Issuer and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited are not responsible for ensuring that merchants will accept the Card. For example, the Issuer and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited cannot control when an ATM or POS terminal is due for maintenance or is faulty or if a merchant chooses not to accept the Card. In such cases, your Card may not function properly or be declined. For more information please see the Product Disclosure Statement at qantascash.com.
11. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that Prize.
12. The Prize winner must be available to travel during the stated Travel Period. Inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeit of the Prize. The Prize winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
13. The Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest. It is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
14. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
15. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
16. The winner will be notified by phone and/or email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and/or the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be announced on online at qantaspoints.com/win-your-dream-holiday and qantaspoints.com/win-your-dream-holiday/acq from 4 September 2017 for a period of 28 days their name will published in The Australian newspaper on 7 September 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
17. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEDT) on 30 November 2017 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 14 December 2017 at the same time and location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be announced on online at qantaspoints.com/win-your-dream-holiday and qantaspoints.com/win-your-dream-holiday/acq from 16 December 2017 for a period of 28 days and their name, if any, will published in The Australian newspaper on 21 December 2017.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
18. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
19. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
20. The exclusion of liability in clause 18 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
21. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the prize winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
23. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/13254, ACT Permit No. TP17/00692 & SA Licence No. T17/646.
> Four Qantas Points will be earned per AU$1 spent with isubscribe. Qantas Points will be credited to a member’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account up to 60 days after purchase.
→ Individual retailer terms and conditions apply. Visit qantaspoints.com/onlinemall for full terms including shipping and delivery.
@ To earn 100 Qantas Points per diner, per booking you must 1) book your reservation at qantas.com/restaurants 2) quote your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number and name (as it appears on your Qantas Frequent Flyer account) when making your reservation. Qantas Points will be awarded to the Qantas Frequent Flyer member whose membership number and name were quoted in the reservation. Reservations made under a name that does not identically match the corresponding Qantas Frequent Flyer number provided will not be eligible to receive Qantas Points. 100 Qantas Points per diner will be earned for the number of diners specified in a reservation who dine under the reservation (for example, if the reservation indicates five people and four people attend, only 800 points will be earned. Alternatively, if the reservation indicates five people and seven people attend, only 1,000 points will be awarded). Qantas Points earned on reservations made at restaurants.qantaspoints.com may take up to eight weeks after dining to be credited to the relevant Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Qantas Points cannot be split between members on any single reservation. The content set out on qantas.com/restaurants and the booking service is operated by Dimmi Limited ABN 49 135 408 927. Not available in conjunction with any other offer. Contact Dimmi Limited for terms and conditions and other enquiries.