WIN A TRIP TO THE HOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD
Terms and Conditions - Game of Chance
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020, telephone number 1300 738 206 (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am on 29 September 2017 and closes at 11:59pm on 12 November 2017 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members, who are also Woolworths Rewards members and are aged 18 or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA), and each of their and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must
- Choose to convert Woolworths Dollars to Qantas Points at woolworthsrewards.com.au before or during the Promotion Period and remain with this option during the Promotion Period; and
- Scan their Woolworths Rewards card at Woolworths or enter their Woolworths Rewards card membership number when making a purchase online at woolworths.com.au. The member name on the Woolworths Rewards card must match the member name shown in their Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Every transaction made at Woolworths will count as one entry into the draw.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Multiple entries are permitted. Eligible Entrants can only win a maximum of one Prize each (except for South Australian residents).
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- The draw will take place at 2.00pm on 24 November 2017 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be five Prizes. The first five Eligible Entrants drawn will each win a $10,000 Qantas Holidays gift voucher. The value of the gift voucher is in Australian dollars.
- The maximum total voucher pool value is AU $50,000 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the vouchers.
Conditions of use for Qantas Holidays gift voucher
- The voucher will be valid for 12 months from date of issue and will be sent to the winner by email within 4 weeks of the draw.
- The voucher must be used for Qantas Holidays packages and cannot be used for flight only bookings.
- The voucher is valid for
i) Airfare and accommodation packages on Qantas operated routes departing Australia
ii) Experiences and/or events booked as part of an Airfare and accommodation package
- The voucher can be used for multiple transactions.
- All bookings and travel are subject to Qantas Holidays booking conditions
- The voucher is not transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and is non-refundable. Qantas Holidays is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen vouchers.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the voucher as stated. A voucher cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a voucher that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that voucher. Voucher must be used within 12 months of the winner being issued.
Notification of the winner
- The winners will be notified by email by 28 November 2017 and their names will be published on qantaspoints.com/tastetheworld (for a minimum of 28 days) and in The Australian newspaper on 1 December 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a voucher. For any voucher that remains unclaimed at 5.00pm on 26 February 2018, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 5 March 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email by 7 March 2018 and their names will be published on qantaspoints.com/tastetheworld (for a minimum of 28 days) and in The Australian newspaper on 12 March 2018.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any voucher, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 18 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the voucher. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any vouchers (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/16828, ACT TP17/01590 & SA Licence No. T17/1497.