The Qantas American Express Premium Card
With 30,000 bonus Qantas Points* to inspire you, your next adventure should be one to remember.
You’ll also find the Qantas American Express Premium Card makes a great travel partner with the following benefits:
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent#
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia~
- No cap on earn rate. You'll receive up to 2.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month
- Two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services^
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership~~
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance when you pay for eligible travel with your Card**
- Start earning more Qantas Points with up to four Additional Card Members for no extra fee±
0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months†
A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies to any balances transferred†.
The 30,000 bonus Qantas Points offer is only available when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders*.
Apply for a Qantas American Express Premium Card today.
Cards are offered, issued, and administered by American Express Australia Limited. Credit provided by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085), Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $40,000 per annum to apply for the Qantas American Express Premium Card. American Express income and credit approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fees, charges and interest rates, is correct as at 27 October 2017 and is subject to change. Information on Card features is supplied by American Express and is accurate as at 27 October 2017.
* Offer is only available to new American Express Card Members who apply online for the Qantas American Express Premium Card, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on their new Card within three months of the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer (cards issued by: Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation). Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller's cheques and foreign currencies. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. 30,000 Qantas Points will be credited to the Card Member's Qantas Frequent Flyer account 8 to 10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer and may be withdrawn or removed at any time without notice. To find out more, visit qantas.com.
# You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Qantas Points and bonus Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions, and exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller's cheques and foreign currencies - these do not earn Qantas Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions. Certain transactions will earn 0.5 points per dollar with Merchants classified as; "government", including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies.
~ Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. directly from Qantas and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions.
^ Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Premium Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Premium Card. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight numfber purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. with Qantas direct or some travel agents and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Within 1-2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Premium Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.
~~ Qantas Wine Premium Membership and its benefits are subject to the Qantas Wine Terms and Conditions. To join or purchase from Qantas Wine, you must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member aged 18 years or older and have an Australian delivery address. An annual Membership fee usually applies for Qantas Wine Premium Membership but this will be waived so long as you continue to hold your Qantas American Express Premium Card. Complimentary joining gift is not available with this offer. Qantas Wine Premium members will earn 3 Qantas Points per dollar on qantasepiqure.com.au. Liquor Act 2007: It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: LIQP770016736. Delivery is subject to the Qantas Wine Terms and Conditions and available within Australia only.
** The Qantas American Express Premium Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - please see the Terms and Conditions. You must use your Qantas American Express Premium Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Card members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This landing page does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
± Additional Card Members must be 18 years of age or over. Please note Additional Cards are referred to as 'Supplementary Cards' in some Terms and Conditions and marketing materials. The basic Card Member will be liable to pay for all spend made by Additional Card Members.
† Offer not available for Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 60 day period. Balances may not be transferred from another Credit Card issued by American Express Australia Limited. The promotional balance transfer rate will be eligible for 12 months from the date the Card is approved, after which any remaining balance will revert to the standard rate of interest at that time. The credit plan establishment fee attracts the standard rate of interest. Interest free days do not apply to Balance Transfer balances, and you may be charged interest on other purchases and fees if you do not pay your Closing Balance (including any outstanding balance transfers), in full by the due date each month. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer if your account is not in good standing or we become aware of any adverse credit information. Click here for full Balance Transfer terms and conditions.