STEFANIE CURIC from ANNANDALE, NSW, 2038
Qantas Online Mall New Partner Launch Competition
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 telephone number 1300 738 206 (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on Wednesday 22 July 2015 and closes at 11.59pm on Monday 21 September 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter:
- Entry is open only to Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 or over who are residents of Australia (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion:
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period visit http://onlinemall.qantaspoints.com and make a valid transaction of $5 or more with one of the participating retailers via the Online Mall.
- Eligible Entrants will receive one entry into the draw for each valid transaction made in accordance with clause 5 above. Any transactions that are cancelled or returned during the Promotion Period will not be eligible for entry in this promotion.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time when payment for the purchase is confirmed.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries:
- The draw will take place at 2pm on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at the offices of MDSA at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 and will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The winner will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries.
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one (1) prize. The 1st eligible entry drawn will win:
HHonors Bonus Points
a. 400,000 HHonors Bonus Points in the form of a prize certificate which are redeemable for up to five (5) nights, standard room, double occupancy, accommodation at any participating hotel and resort within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio (subject to availability and Terms & Conditions, available at HHonors.com/Terms), valued at US$4,000. As per the currency exchange rate on 1 July 2015 this prize is valued at AU$5,465.23. The winner who receives Hilton HHonors Bonus Points as part of his or her prize is required to join Hilton HHonors, if not already a member. Instructions on how to become a HHonors member can be found at HHonors.com. HHonors Bonus points can be used at the winner’s discretion subject to availability and Terms and Conditions. Any HHonors Bonus Points remaining following booking remain in the winner’s HHonors account.
Qantas Cash Prize
b. AU$5,000 spending money loaded onto the winner’s Qantas Cash facility (Qantas Cash Prize). The amount will be deposited to the winner’s Qantas Cash facility once the winner has been contacted. To redeem the Qantas Cash Prize, the winner will need to make sure the Qantas Cash facility is activated. To apply to activate the Qantas Cash facility, visit qantascash.com. If the winner applies to activate the Qantas Cash Facility and is rejected, the Promoter will then provide an alternative prize of equal value as the Qantas Cash Prize. The alternative prize is a store credit to the winner’s choice from the following stores: Neiman Marcus, Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue, Selfridges or Marks & Spencer. Individual retailer’s terms and conditions apply.
Return Economy tickets
c. Two (2) return Economy tickets for two (2) adults flying on Qantas to London, LA or New York from the winner's nearest Australian capital city (flight associated taxes are included) valued at AU$5,975. Destination is of the winner’s choice. Flights are subject to availability. Accommodation is at the expense of the winner & their companion.
- The maximum total prize pool value is AU$16,440.23 based on the recommended retail value as at 1 July 2015. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
- To be eligible to receive the Qantas Card with the option of Qantas Cash® you must be an Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer member 16 years of age or older. Qantas Cash® is a prepaid MasterCard® payment facility built into the back of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership Card. Heritage Bank Limited (AFSL 240984) (the Issuer) issues Qantas Cash under arrangements between it, Qantas and Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (AFSL 386837) (a MasterCard business) (Access). Access distributes Qantas Cash (together with Qantas which is an authorised representative of Access for the purposes of providing general financial product advice with respect to Qantas Cash). Access can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Access and Qantas earn foreign exchange revenue from Qantas Cash transactions. Access receives a processing fee from domestic Qantas Cash "point of sale" transactions. Qantas receives revenue generated by Qantas Cash transactions based on interchange fees paid to the Issuer, deposits held by the Issuer, cardholder fee and certain rebates and incentives from MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd. This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider the appropriateness of the information about the Qantas Cash facility having regard to those matters. A Product Disclosure Statement in respect of Qantas Cash is available via qantascash.com, and will also be given to applicants. A person should obtain and consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether to acquire or continue to hold the prepaid facility. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. PayPassTM is the trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Qantas Cash is unable to be used for purchases related to gambling or adult entertainment. Currently Qantas Cash cannot be used in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria due to sanctions that are currently in place for these countries. If you attempt to withdraw cash from an ATM or use your Card at merchants in any of these countries, your request will be declined. For more information please see the Product Disclosure Statement atqantascash.com. Other terms and conditions and fees and charges for the use of the Qantas Cash facility may apply.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include accommodation, travel insurance, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and their companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points. School holidays, Christmas, New Year and Easter are high season when availability is limited.
- The prize travel must be booked and tickets issued before 11 August 2016. Prize travel must be completed before 11 September 2016 and is subject to availability at the time of booking. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued. The prize is not able to be redeemed for flights with a Qantas flight number that are operated by another airline (for example Emirates). The prize is not able to be used on other airlines, including services operated by Qantas subsidiaries (eg, Qantas Holiday packages, QantasLink, Jetstar). The winner and their companion must provide Qantas Airways at least 30 days notice of their preferred departure date to allow Qantas Airways to book flights. Qantas will try to accommodate the winner’s requested travel dates and times however these are subject to availability.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of the prize.
- If the prize (or part of that prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winners:
- The winner will be notified by in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on www.qantas.com and announced in The Australian newspaper on 27 October 2015.
Right of the Promoter to redraw:
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 20 January 2016, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 3 February 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw and published on www.qantas.com and announced in The Australian newspaper on 10 February 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winners otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/05062, ACT Permit No. TP15/06459, & SA Licence No. T15/1136.