Terms and Conditions
Qantas Restaurants Christmas Promotion
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 1300 738 206) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am Thursday, 12 November 2015 and closes at 11:59pm on Sunday, 10 January 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 or over who are residents of Australia according to the account in ‘Your Profile’ on qantas.com. (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period book and dine at any restaurant through the Qantas Restaurants website at restaurants.qantas.com.au
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants will receive one entry into the draw for each completed booking made in accordance with clause 5 above. Any bookings that are cancelled during the Promotion Period will not be eligible for entry in this promotion. Multiple entries are permitted.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will take place at 2:00pm on Thursday, 28 January 2016 at the offices of MDSA at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There will be three prizes. The maximum total value of each prize is AU$3,300. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$9,900, based on the recommended retail value as at 23 October 2015. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13) The first eligible entry drawn will win a $300 Rockpool Group dining voucher for Rockpool Est. 1989, Sydney. The second eligible entry drawn will win a $300 Rockpool Group dining voucher for Rosetta Ristorante Melbourne. The third eligible entry drawn will win a $300 Rockpool Group dining voucher for Rockpool Bar & Grill Perth. If a prize winner is not located within the state of the prize drawn, return Economy flights will be included from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to the relevant capital city the restaurant is located in. This will consist of two return Economy tickets for two adults flying on Qantas to Sydney, Melbourne or Perth (depending on prize drawn) from the winner's nearest Australian capital city (flight associated taxes are included) valued at a maximum of AU$1,500 each. Flights are subject to availability. Accommodation is at the expense of the winner and their companion. Bookings at Rockpool Group Restaurant are subject to availability.
14) Each prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, each prize does not include travel insurance, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
15) Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
16) Prize flight travel and restaurant booking must be booked by 31 July 2016. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued once the reservation is confirmed.
17) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
18) If a prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19) The winners will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper and qantaspoints.com/offers/competitions on Thursday, 4 February 2016.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 2:00pm on Thursday, 28 April 2016, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Thursday, 12 May 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email within 2 business days after the draw and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper and qantas.com on Thursday, 19 May 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23) The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26) Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/0869, ACT Permit No. TP15/08030 and SA Licence No. T15/1996.