Qantas One&Only Holiday Competition
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 telephone number 1300 738 206 (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 8:00am (AEST) on Thursday 28 May 2015 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Thursday 9 July 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Qantas Frequent Flyers aged 18 or over who are residents of Australia (Eligible Entrants) excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period book a hotel with Qantas Hotels using either Qantas Points or Points Plus Pay via http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/hotels/global/en. Eligible Entrants will receive one entry for eligible bookings made. Multiple entries permitted.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7. Eligible Entrants will receive one entry for each hotel booking made in accordance with clause 5 above.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time when the hotel is booked.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10. The draw will take place at 2pm pm on Thursday 16 July 2015 at the offices of MDSA at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 and will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The winners will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries.
11. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. There will be two (2) prizes.
The 1st eligible entry drawn will win:
- A five night stay for two adults at One&Only Hayman Island, in a Hayman Lagoon twin room valued at $3,995.
- Breakfast daily for 2 people.
- Hotel Wi-Fi included.
- Qantas Economy return flights from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city for (2) two adults (includes flight associated taxes) to Hamilton Island with luxury boat transfers to Hayman Island valued at $4,700.
The 1st prize is valued at a maximum of $8,695.
The 2nd eligible entry drawn will win:
- A two night stay for two adults at One&Only Wolgan Valley, NSW in a Heritage king suite, valued at $3,280. Includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily for 2 people as well as selected beverages.
- Hotel Wi-Fi included.
- Qantas Economy return flights from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city for (2) two adults (includes flight associated taxes) to Sydney valued at a maximum value of $2,600. If the winner lives in the Sydney metropolitan area, they will forfeit this component of the prize and no compensation or substitute prize will be offered in lieu thereof.
The 2nd prize is valued at a maximum of $5,880.
13. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$14,575 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14. The prizes include GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the prizes does not include travel insurance, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and their companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
15. Prize travel and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points. School holidays, Christmas, New Year and Easter are high season when availability is limited.
16. The prize travel and accommodation must be booked and tickets issued before 28 April 2016. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed before 28 May 2016 and are subject to availability at the time of booking. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued. The prizes are not able to be redeemed for flights with a Qantas flight number that are operated by another airline (for example Emirates, Fiji Airways). The prizes are not able to be used on other airlines, including services operated by Qantas subsidiaries (eg, Qantas Holiday packages, QantasLink, Jetstar). The winners & their companions must provide Qantas Airways at least 30 days notice of their preferred departure date to allow Qantas Airways to book flights. Qantas will try to accommodate the winners’ requested travel dates and times however these are subject to availability.
17. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winners accept the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If a prize (or part of that prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute that prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winners
19. The winners will be notified by in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on www.qantas.com and announced in The Australian newspaper on 23 July 2015.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 16 October 2015, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 30 October 2015 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw and published on www.qantas.com and announced in The Australian newspaper on 6 November 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winners otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting a prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/03563, ACT Permit No. TP15/ 05789, VIC Permit No.15/1012 & SA Licence No. T15/799