Terms and Conditions – Online Mall Christmas Promotion
OrotonGroup went into voluntary administration on 30 November 2017. As a result, effective from 26 December 2017 Qantas Frequent Flyers can no longer earn Qantas Points with Oroton. Rest assured, members who purchased from Oroton online or in-store before 26 December 2017 will earn Qantas Points as normal.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 1300 738 206) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on Tuesday 3 November 2015 and closes at 11.59pm on Monday 21 December 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Qantas Frequent Flyer members residing in Australia, (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5. If an entrant is under the age of 18, they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian prior to entering the promotion.
Entry into the promotion
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period visit qantaspoints.com/onlinemall and make a purchase with one of the retailers through the Online Mall. Any purchases that are cancelled or returned during the Promotion Period will not be eligible for entry in this Promotion.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8. Each transaction made through qantaspoints.com/onlinemall will be awarded one entry to the relevant Weekly Prize Draw as per the following time periods. Multiple entries are permitted within each weekly period and across the promotion period.
|Weekly Prizes||Entry open||Entry close|
|Week 1||$2,000 THE ICONIC credit||12.01am 03/11/2015||11.59pm 09/11/2015|
|Week 2||$2,000 MR PORTER credit||12.01am 10/11/2015||11.59pm 16/11/2015|
|Week 3||300,000 bonus Qantas Points||12.01am 17/11/2015||11.59pm 23/11/2015|
|Week 4||$2,000 NET-A-PORTER credit||12.01am 24/11/2015||11.59pm 30/11/2015|
|Week 5||300,000 bonus Qantas Points||12.01am 01/12/2015||11.59pm 07/12/2015|
|Week 6||$2,000 Oroton credit||12.01am 08/12/2015||11.59pm 14/12/2015|
|Week 7||300,000 bonus Qantas Points||12.01am 15/12/2015||11.59pm 21/12/2015|
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time when payment for the transaction is confirmed.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10.There will be 7 draws. All eligible entries received during each weekly period will be entered in the corresponding draw. The draws will all take place at 4.00pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 20 January 2016 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089 (Drawer).
11. The winners will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries. There will be one winner for each weekly prize draw.
12. The result of the draws are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. There will be seven prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is $14,081, based on the notional value and the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14. The winner of each Weekly Prize will receive the applicable Prize as detailed below:
|Weekly Prize||RRP $AU|
|Draw 1||$2,000 THE ICONIC credit||$2,000|
|Draw 2||$2,000 MR PORTER credit||$2,000|
|draw 3||300,000 bonus Qantas Points||$2,027|
|Draw 4||$2,000 NET-A-PORTER credit||$2,000|
|Draw 5||300,000 bonus Qantas Points||$2,027|
|Draw 6||$2,000 Oroton credit||$2,000|
|Draw 7||300,000 bonus Qantas Points||$2,027|
15. Qantas Points may take up to 4 weeks to be credited to the winner’s account from the draw date (or redraw date, as applicable).
16. The maximum notional value of the Qantas Points is based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer reward options (Awards) that could be obtained by redeeming the Prize through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms) as at Thursday 8 October 2015. For example, 3,700 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a David Jones Store eGift Card with a value of AU$25 and therefore 650,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for David Jones Store eGift Cards to the value of AU$4,392.
17. The estimate of the maximum notional value of the bonus Qantas Points is provided for the purposes of information only. The maximum notional value of the bonus Qantas Points will vary depending on whether and how it is used. The maximum notional value is correct as at Thursday 8 October 2015 but the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each Prize.
19. The redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the availability of Awards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
20. In the event that a Prize is redeemed for Reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
21. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
22. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
23. The winners will be notified in writing by email within 2 business days of the draws, and their names will be published on www.qantaspoints.com and in The Australian newspaper on Wednesday 3 February 2016.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
24. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 11.00am AEST on Wednesday 20 April 2016, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Wednesday 4 May 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with clause will be notified in writing by email within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on www.qantaspoints.com and in The Australian newspaper on Wednesday 11 May 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
25. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
26. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
27. The exclusion of liability in clause 26 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
28. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
30. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/08094, ACT Permit No. TP15/07728 and SA Licence No. T15/1856.