Qantas Points Quest - Terms & Conditions
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
1. Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31) (Promoter). Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/01925 & ACT TP15/05169.
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on Monday 17 August 2015 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on Thursday 31 December 2015 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry into the promotion is open only to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are 18 years of age or over and who successfully complete the tasks set in the game as set out in clause 5 during the Promotional Period (Eligible Entrants) but excluding:
(a) directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA), Razorfish Australia Pty Ltd ABN 14 091 733 149 or Droga5 Australia Pty Ltd ABN 55 128 231 096 and each of their related bodies corporate; and
(b) registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5. Eligible Entrants receive one entry into the draw each time, during the Promotion Period, they visit qantaspointsquest.com and
a) find the 5 items that earn Qantas Points in the game ‘Quest for Points'
b) Provide all the required contact details in the entry form; and
c) Accept the competition terms and conditions.
6. Eligible Entrants can enter the promotion multiple times. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who is in breach of these terms and conditions of entry or who manipulates, seeks to manipulate or benefits from manipulating, the entry process or the promotion
8. The draw will take place at 10:00am (AEST) on Thursday 7 January 2016 at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 and will be conducted and scrutinised by MDSA (Drawer). The winners will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. The first three valid entries drawn will each be a winner of a Prize.
9. The results of the draw (and any redraw) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. There are three (3) prizes of 10,000 Qantas Points (Prize). Qantas Points may take up to four (4) weeks to be credited to the winner’s account from the draw date (or any redraw date, as applicable)
11. The maximum notional value of each Prize is AU$ 417.50 with a total prize pool of AU$ 1252.50 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Awards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the program available at qantas.com/terms. For example, 8,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a one way Economy Classic Reward Flight from Sydney to Melbourne with a commercial value of $334 (excluding taxes, fees and carrier charges as these are not included in the value of a Classic Flight Reward seat) for a Flexible Fare as at 13 March 2015, and 10,000 Qantas Points could therefore be valued at $417.05.
12. The estimate of the maximum notional value of each prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of each prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each prize.
14. The redemption of each Prize is subject to the availability of Awards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
15. In the event that a Prize is redeemed for Reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
16. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use a Prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods and services. Prizes cannot be transferred to another person unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize, that a winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize. If a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute a Prize (or that part of a Prize) with a Prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. The winners will be contacted by email and phone (using the details provided in the winners' entry form) within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on this website in The Australian newspaper on Thursday 14 January 2016. Each winner is responsible for ensuring that his/her contact details supplied is accurate and up to date. The Promoter takes no responsibility for inaccurate or incomplete details.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions of entry or forfeiting or not claiming a Prize. The Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to contact each winner using the contact details provided in his/her entry form, however a Prize will be considered forfeited if a winner cannot be contacted after 3 months from the date of the original draw. If a Prize remains unclaimed or forfeited (through ineligibility or otherwise) on Thursday 7 April 2016 , a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer (AEDT) on Thursday 21 April 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw subject however to any written directions given under applicable law. Any winner(s) determined in accordance with clause 5 will be notified by email and phone (using the details provided in the entry form of the game) within 2 business days following the redraw and their names will be published on this website and in The Australian newspaper on Thursday 28 April 2016.
19. The Promoter, MDSA and each of their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any Prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
20. The exclusion of liability in clause 21 does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of each winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting a Prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any Prizes, (including to MDSA and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at qantas.com/privacy.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a Prize, including membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Independent tax and financial advice should be sought.
Permit details Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/01925 & ACT TP15/05169.