Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010, New Zealand (Phone: +64 985 8771) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in New Zealand on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00:01am on 6 November 2017 and closes at 11.59pm on 20 November 2017 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to New Zealand residents who are 18 years of age or older and are members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer programme (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Click through to the website competition page
b) Complete the online entry form and accept terms & conditions.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry only.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10) The draw will take place at 9:00am on 1 December 2017 at 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010, New Zealand. The draw will be conducted by the Promoter (Drawer).
11) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) There will be one prize. The maximum total prize value is NZ$5,000. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13) The prize consists of the following for two people:
a) return Qantas Economy flights from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch (closest port to winner will be selected).;
b) 4 nights’ accommodation in Melbourne
c) Dinner at The Press Club (to the maximum value of $500)
d) Dinner at Gazi (to the maximum value of $200)
e) Dinner at Hellenic Republic Brunswick (to the maximum value of $200)
f) Lunch at Jimmy Grants Fitzroy (to the maximum value of $50)
g) Hidden Secrets Laneways & Arcades Tour of Melbourne; and
h) Airport Transfers return from Melbourne airport to hotel in Melbourne
14) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner (and companion if they choose). The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
15) Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
16) Airfares and bookings must be made at least 10 business days prior to travel but no later than 31 May 2018 and travel must be completed by 30 June 2018. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets or accommodation have been issued.
17) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
18) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19) The winner will be notified by phone on 4 December 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 11.59pm on 7 December 2017, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 11 December 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with clause will be notified by phone on 11 December 2017. Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23) The exclusion of liability in clause paragraph 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.