This competition is now closed. Entries will be drawn on 10 May 2016.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of Level 6, 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010, New Zealand (telephone number 0800 101 500) (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in New Zealand on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on 1 February 2016 and closes at 11.59pm on 31 March 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to New Zealand residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period visit onlinemallnz.qantaspoints.com and make a purchase through the Online Mall New Zealand. Any purchases that are cancelled or returned during the Promotion Period will not be eligible for entry in this Promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries
- Eligible Entrants will receive one entry into the draw for each valid transaction made in accordance with clause 5 above.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time when payment for the purchase is confirmed.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- The draw will take place at 2 pm on 10 May 2016 at the offices of Qantas Airways, Level 6, 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland, New Zealand 1010. (Drawer). The winner will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries.
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be 1 prize package in total. The maximum total prize pool value is NZ$3550, based on the recommended retail value and exchange rate as at 28 January 2016. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. The winner will receive the following prize package:
- Qantas Hotels: AU$1000 voucher for accommodation to be used at qantas.com/hotels.
- Qantas Cash: NZ$500 loaded on Qantas Cash. To be eligible to receive the Qantas Card with the option of Qantas Cash you must be a New Zealand resident Qantas Frequent Flyer member 16 years of age or older. Qantas CashTM is a prepaid MasterCard® payment facility built into the back of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership Card. To redeem the Qantas Cash element of the prize, the winner will need to be eligible for Qantas Cash and make sure the Qantas Cash facility on their Qantas Card has been activated before 17 June 2016. To apply to activate, visit qantascash.co.nz.
- Flights:Two return Economy tickets for two adults flying on Qantas to the winners' choice of Sydney or Melbourne from the winner's nearest New Zealand airport serviced by Qantas (flight associated taxes are included) valued at NZ$1966. While the winner's requested flight times will try to be accommodated, flights are subject to availability and any ancillary accommodation is at the expense of the winner. Destination is of the winner’s choice. Travel is not permitted between 16 December 2016 and 30 January 2017. Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 29 April 2017.
If the winner is not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, normally valued at NZ$50, will be included in their Prize. To accept this part of the Prize, the winner must not already be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program before 31 March 2016 (available at qantas.com/terms).
- Qantas Cash is an unsecured debt security issued by Travelex Card Services Limited (the "Issuer"), a member of the Travelex Group. Qantas Cash is not guaranteed by any member of the Travelex Group or any other entity. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard Prepaid Management Services (NZ) Limited distributes Qantas Cash together with Qantas. MasterCard Prepaid Management Services (NZ) Limited can be contacted at email@example.com.
MasterCard Prepaid Management Services (NZ) Limited and Qantas Airways Limited earn foreign exchange revenue from Qantas Cash transactions. MasterCard Prepaid Management Services (NZ) Limited receives a processing fee from domestic Qantas Cash "point of sale" transactions. Qantas receives revenue generated by Qantas Cash transactions based on interchange fees paid to the Issuer, deposits held by the Issuer, cardholder fees and certain rebates and incentives from MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd.
This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider the appropriateness of the information about the Qantas Cash facility having regard to those matters. A Product Disclosure Statement ("PDS") in respect of Qantas Cash is available via qantascash.co.nz, and will also be given to applicants. You should obtain and consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether to acquire or continue to hold the prepaid facility.
Qantas Cash is unable to be used for purchases related to gambling or adult entertainment. Although the MasterCard Acceptance Mark may be displayed, Qantas Cash may not operate in some countries and geographical regions, due to restrictions. Please verify the list of countries and regions with restrictions at qantascash.co.nz. If you attempt to withdraw cash from an ATM or use your Card at merchants in any of these countries and geographical regions, your request will be declined. In addition, ATMs or POS terminals may not be owned or operated by the Issuer or MasterCard Prepaid Management Services (NZ) Limited and the Issuer and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services (NZ) Limited are not responsible for ensuring that merchants will accept the Card. For example, the Issuer and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services (NZ) Limited cannot control when an ATM or POS terminal is due for maintenance or is faulty or if a merchant chooses not to accept the Card. In such cases, your Card may not function properly or may be declined. For more information please see the Product Disclosure Statement at qantascash.co.nz.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- The AU$1000 accommodation voucher issued by Qantas can only be used towards part, or full payment of hotel bookings on qantas.com. If there is a balance remaining to be paid, the prizewinner must pay this balance with a credit/charge card. The voucher can only be used in one transaction. The voucher must be used by 11.59pm (NZT) 29 April 2017, otherwise it will be forfeited. Vouchers are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Vouchers may not be transferred. Vouchers can only be used once and any unused portion of the voucher will be forfeited. The value of the voucher will not be refunded and no replacement voucher will be issued when cancelling a booking. If you change or cancel a booking, any hotel fee amount will be deducted from the amount paid by you, up to a maximum of the amount originally paid by you. The hotel fee value cannot be paid using the voucher value.
- Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
- Prize travel and accommodation must be booked and completed by 29 April 2017. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winners will be notified by email on 12 May 2016 and their names will be published on qantaspoints.co.nz on 17 May 2016.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 29 July 2016, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 1 August 2016 at the offices of Qantas Airways, at Level 6, 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland, New Zealand, 1010, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by 3 August 2016 and their names will be published on qantaspoints.co.nz on 8 August 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Facebook
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.