Get Me There Faster
Terms and Conditions - Game of Skill
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of Level 6, 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010 (telephone number: 0800 101 500) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Auckland, New Zealand on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00.01AM on 12 October 2015 and closes at 23.59PM on 8 November 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or older with an Instagram account (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5) If the winner is not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, membership to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, normally valued at $50, will be included in their Prize. To accept this part of the Prize, the winner must not already be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and must complete the standard join process including agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (available at qantas.com/terms).
Entry into the promotion
6) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
- Post a selfie to Instagram with a sign showing where they want to go on holiday
- Include #qantasgetmetherefaster
7) Multiple entries are permitted.
8) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
11) If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Instagram account is held.
Judging of entries
13) Entries will be judged based on the originality, creativity and suitability of their Instagram photo.
14) There will be 4 rounds of judging. Judging will take place at midday at the Offices of the Promoter and will be done by the Promoter. In each round 1 winner will be selected.
|Round One - Entries
between 12 October 2015 and 18 October 2015
|Round One - Judging
19 October 2015
|Round Two- Entries
between 19 October 2015 and 25 October 2015
|Round Two - Judging
26 October 2015
|Round Three - Entries
between 27 October 2015 and 1 November 2015
|Round Three - Judging
2 November 2015
|Round Four - Entries
between 2 November 2015 and 8 November 2015
|Round Four - Judging
9 November 2015
15) Entries will not roll over. Eligible Entrants can enter multiple times but can only win once.
16) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
17) There will be four (4) prizes of 100,000 Qantas Points each. The maximum notional value of each Prize is NZ$958.59 with a total maximum notional prize pool of NZ$3834.37 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Awards that could be obtained by redeeming the Prize through the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program available at www.qantas.com/terms). For example, 100,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for 1.36 return Economy Qantas Points Plus Pay - Flights from Auckland to Sydney (subject to Reward flight availability) including applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges. As at 23 September 2015, the dollar fare for an equivalent commercial return way Economy flight totals NZ$666.00. The estimate of the maximum notional value of the Prize is provided for information only. The maximum notional value of the Prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of the Prize.
18) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
20) The redemption of each Prize [the Prize] is subject to the availability of Awards and Rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
21) In the event that a Prize is redeemed for Reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of Reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
22) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
23) The winner will be notified via a comment on their Instagram photo by the official Qantas Instagram channel including an email address where the person can respond to claim their prize.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
24) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select additional entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and conditions, forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 10 November 2015, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause 13 will be notified via social media as per clause 23.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
25) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
26) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
27) The exclusion of liability in clause 26 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
28) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
Important information and conditions about competitions on Instagram
29) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
31) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.