Win a share of 1 million Qantas Points – Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of Level 6, 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010, New Zealand (telephone number 0800 101 500) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (NZT) on 4 December 2017 and closes at 11.59pm (NZT) on 16 December 2017 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry into the promotion is open to New Zealand resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 years of age or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter; registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. Register online at qantaspoints.com/christmasgiveaway or via a link in a Qantas Frequent Flyer email;
b. Complete the online entry form and accept the terms and conditions; and
c. Make an eligible booking with Qantas in accordance with clause 7.
6. Eligible entrants are permitted multiple entries, however only one entry is permitted per member, per booking.
7. An eligible booking is any flight with a QF flight number on your ticket purchased in New Zealand as part of the ‘12 Fares of Christmas’ sale, in accordance with the 12 Fares of Christmas terms and conditions. Eligible Entrants must ensure their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number is in the booking, and each member must register separately. For the avoidance of doubt, only new bookings made during the Promotion Period will be eligible. Any bookings made prior to the Promotion Period will not be eligible. Bookings that are cancelled will not be eligible.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10. The draw will take place at 2:00pm (NZST) on 5 January 2017 at Qantas Airways Limited of Level 6, 19 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010, New Zealand, by Qantas Airways.
11. The result of the draw (and any redraw) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. There will be one major prize and five runner up prizes (Prizes). The maximum notional value of the total prize pool is NZ$8,160 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing and clause 13 below. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prizes.
13. The Prizes are
|Qantas Loyalty 1 Million Qantas Points Giveaway
|Maximum notional value|
The first eligible entry drawn,will win the following Major Prize.
500,000 Qantas Points
|Runner Up Prizes
The next five eligible entries,drawn will each win
the following Runner Up Prize.
100,000 Qantas Points
|NZ$781 per prize
for 5 prizes
|Maximum notional value of the total prize pool||NZ$8,160|
14. The total maximum notional value of the Prize Pool is based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Awards and Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as fully defined in the terms and conditions of the program available at qantas.com/terms. For example, 495,300 Qantas Points could be redeemed for one Adult return Points Plus Pay- Flights Flexible Economy Fare from Auckland to Tokyo (subject to Reward flight availability) including applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges accurate as at 17 November 2017. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals NZ$4,255 including taxes fees and carrier charges. And, 96,300 Qantas Points could be redeemed for one Adult return Points Plus Pay- Flight Economy Saver Fare from Wellington to Sydney (subject to Reward flight availability) including applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges as at 17 November 2017. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals NZ$781 including taxes fees and carrier charges.
15. Points Plus Pay- Flights are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. As long as there is a seat available for sale, you can book a Points Plus Pay- Flight. The Qantas Points required for a Points Plus Pay- Flights includes taxes, fees and carrier charges (except any local airport fees or charges collected at the time of check-in) are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. Points Plus Pay- Flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure, unless booking on qantas.com where Points Plus Pay-Flights bookings may be booked up to two hours before scheduled departure for domestic flights or up to four hours for international flights (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Points Plus Pay-Flights is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
16. The estimate of the maximum notional value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only. The maximum notional value of each Prize will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each Prize.
18. The redemption of each Prize is subject to the availability of Awards and Rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
19. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
20. If the Prizes (or part of the Prizes) are unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21. Winners will be notified by phone and/ or email within two business days of the draw using the phone number and/ or the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their names will be announced on qantaspoints.com/christmasgiveaway from 9 January 2018 for a period of 28 days.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
22. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (NZT) on 9 April 2018 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 23 April 2018 at the same time and location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within two business days of the draw and their names will be announced on qantaspoints.com/christmasgiveaway from 25 April 2018 for a period of 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25. The exclusion of liability in clause 24 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
Entry details and privacy
26. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the prize winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.