** This competition has now closed **
Congratulations to our lucky competition winners:
Major Prize Winner:
- Alex Salido, Whakatane
Runner Up Prize Winners:
- Catherine Love, Auckland
- Max Vermunt, Auckland
- Helen Wesseldine, Remuera
- Josh McKeague, Queenstown
- Shellee Arnold, Auckland
- Jeffrey Bracey, Auckland
- Stuart Broughton, Christchurch
- Julie Reid, Christchurch
- Christopher L Dodd, Christchurch
- Carole McLean, Te Puke
New York Competition Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of Level 6, 191 Queen Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand (phone number 0800 101 500) (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Auckland, New Zealand on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am (NZST) on Monday 20 July 2015 and closes at 11:59pm (NZST) on Friday 14 August 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter:
- Entry is open only to New Zealand resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 years and older who successfully complete the tasks set out in clause 5 during the Promotional Period (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, MDSA ABN 50 003 894 022, Hind & Hind Pty Ltd ABN: 781 40413583, ZenithOptimedia New Zealand Limited, NZ Business Number: 9429037950552. Registered Company Number: 886312 and Razorfish Australia Pty Ltd ABN 14 091 733 149, and their related bodies corporate and the registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion:
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Review their personal details displayed in an email related to the ‘Win a trip for two to New York’ competition;
b) Accept the competition terms and conditions; and
c) If their personal details are correct, click the ‘Confirm’ button which appears in the email.
d) If their personal details are not correct, or they have seen the competition advertised elsewhere, visit qantaspoints.com/nz/new-york and click on ‘Check your details’;
e) Log in using their Qantas Frequent Flyer details;
f) Provide all the required contact details in the entry form;
g) Accept the competition terms and conditions; and
h) Click ‘Save changes’.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries:
- The draw will take place at 4:00pm (NZST) on Friday 21 August 2015 at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be eleven (11) prizes, one (1) Major Prize and ten (10) Runner Up Prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is NZ$33,491.66, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
The first entry drawn will win the Major Prize. The Major Prize consists of:
- Two (2) Qantas Business Class return flights to New York City, departing from Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland. (Flight associated taxes, fees and carrier charges are included). Flights to New York will be via Sydney and Los Angeles. Flights must be booked by Tuesday 31 January 2016 and completed by 26 March 2016 Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. Black-out dates are 25 September 2015 - 10 October 2015 and 21 November 2015 - 15 January 2016;
- Seven (7) nights’ accommodation at the New York Hilton Midtown (Double Room, maximum two guests per room). Accommodation must be booked by Sunday 31 January 2016 and completed by 26 March 2016. Confirmation is subject to hotel availability at the time of booking. Black-out dates are 25 September 2015 - 10 October 2015 and 21 November 2015 - 15 January 2016;
- Return airport transfers for two (2) persons between the New York City airport and the New York Hilton Midtown;
- Lunch for two (2) at Bergdorf Goodman BG Restaurant (up to the value of NZ$400.00);
- Private 3hr Shopping Tour with a personalised itinerary (excluding purchases).
Maximum retail value of the Major Prize is NZ$28,701.66.
The second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, and eleventh entries drawn will each receive one (1) set of Bose® QuietComfort® 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones - Apple® devices (black). Maximum retail value of each Runner-Up Prize is NZ$479.00.
- The Major Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the Major Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion who must be over 18 years of age. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The Major Prize is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- The winner of the Major Prize and his or her companion must travel together and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
- There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winners will be notified by email within two (2) days of the draw and the winner’s names will be published in the New Zealand Herald newspaper and online at qantaspoints.com/nz/new-york on Friday 28 August 2015.
Right of the Promoter to redraw:
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 10.00am on Monday 23 November 2015, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Monday 30 November 2015 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email within two (2) days after the draw and their names will be published in the New Zealand Herald and online at qantaspoints.com/nz/new-york on Monday 7 December 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms:
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 21 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy:
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.