Terms and Conditions: Your chance to win two (2) Business Class tickets to the destination of your choice flying Qantas
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 3636) (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 10.00am on Monday 1 December 2014 and closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 31 December 2014 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter:
- Entry is open only to Qantas Frequent Flyer members residing in Australia, aged 18 years or over who personally received an email from Qantas with content relating to ‘earn Qantas Points between 1 – 31 December 2014 with any partner in the ‘shopping’ earn icon (at https://www.qantaspoints.com/earn-points/shopping) for the chance to win 2 Business Class tickets to the destination of your choice flying Qantas and earn bonus Qantas Points or personally received eNews relating to this promotion (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and registered travel companions, and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion:
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period register for the campaign (through the Register button in the email communication) and earn Qantas Points with any partner in the ‘shopping’ earn icon (at https://www.qantaspoints.com/earn-points/shopping). Any purchases that are cancelled or returned during the Promotional Period will not be eligible for entry in this Promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- A maximum of one entry will be awarded during the Promotion Period.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries:
- The draw will take place at 4.00pm on Monday 19 January 2015 at the offices of MDSA at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 and will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The winner will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries.
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is one (1) prize of two (2) Qantas Business Class return flights to any domestic or international destination of the winner’s choice departing from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital city for (2) two (includes flight associated taxes).
- The maximum total prize pool value is $28,906.70 (including GST) based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
- The prize must be booked and tickets issued before 1 April 2015, travel must be completed before 1 December 2015 and is subject to availability at the time of booking. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued. The prize is not able to be redeemed for flights with a Qantas flight number that are operated by another airline (for example Emirates, Fiji Airways). The prize is not able to be used on other airlines, including services operated by Qantas subsidiaries (eg, Qantas Holiday packages, QantasLink, Jetstar). The winner & their companion must provide Qantas Airways at least 30 days notice of their preferred departure date to allow Qantas Airways to book flights. Qantas will try to accommodate the winner’s requested travel dates and times however these are subject to availability.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, spending money, visas, meals, transfers, ground transportation, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. For the sake of clarity, any airline and airport taxes are included with the prize. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner and their companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner:
- The winner will be notified in writing by email and telephone within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com on Tuesday 27 January 2015.
Right of the Promoter to redraw:
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 11.00am AEST on Sunday 19 April 2015, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer at 12.00pm AEST on Monday 4 May 2015 at the same place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner will be notified in writing by email within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper and on qantas.com on Monday 11 May 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms:
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy:
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting their prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting the prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/09437, ACT Permit No. TP14/ 04148, VIC Permit No. 14/5827 & SA Licence No. T14/2231.