Qantas Assure - FAQs
1. What is Qantas Assure?
Qantas Assure is insurance piloted by Qantas, and backed by leading insurance underwriters. Qantas Frequent Flyer members who join or switch to Qantas Assure can earn thousands of Qantas Points – points they can put toward a holiday and more.
Qantas Assure offers health, life and travel insurance, plus unique Wellness Rewards that include partner discounts, event invitations, special offers – and the chance to earn even more Qantas Points via the Qantas Assure App, just for being active.
2. Why did Qantas launch Qantas Assure?
When asked, Qantas Frequent Flyers said they wanted to be rewarded for taking out, and maintaining, their insurances. They also wanted to be encouraged to lead a more active lifestyle. As a result, Qantas Assure was launched in 2016 to reward Frequent Flyer members with Qantas Points and other Wellness Rewards.
3. What are Wellness Rewards?
Wellness Rewards are unique to Qantas Assure. They include partner discounts, event invitations, special offers and, best of all, Qantas Points that can be earned via the Qantas Assure App just for being active.
4. How will I earn points with Qantas Assure?
Qantas Frequent Flyers who purchase health, life, or travel insurance through Qantas Assure can earn Qantas Points a number of different ways – when they initially make the purchase, when they pay their premium, and via the Qantas Assure App which tracks and rewards everyday activities like walking, cycling, going to the gym, sightseeing and more.
5. How many Qantas Points can I earn via the Qantas Assure App?
Qantas Frequent Flyers who have an eligible insurance policy can earn Qantas Points through the Qantas Assure App – points they can put towards a holiday and more:
- Health Insurance policyholders could earn up to 18,000 Qantas Points per year
- Life Insurance policyholders could earn up to 10,000 Qantas Points per year
- Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance policyholders could earn up to 5,000 Qantas Points per year
- Eligible Travel Insurance policyholders (excluding Qantas Assure Australian Cancellation and Baggage and Annual Multi-Trip travel policies) who download the Qantas Assure App can earn Qantas Points over 56 days from download. During the 56 days, App users will earn Qantas Points without having to purchase an Eligible Qantas Assure Product. Existing Qantas Assure App users who purchase an eligible Travel Insurance policy will be able to take part in another Wellness Rewards 28-Day Trial.
- You’ll earn 150 Qantas Points just for downloading the App
6. What is the Wellness Rewards 28-Day Trial?
Qantas Assure wants everyone to sample the power of Wellness Rewards for 28 days to see how motivating and potentially life-changing it can be when everyday activities such as riding your bike, walking to work, eating fresh, and going to the gym are rewarded with Qantas Points, via the Qantas Assure App.
7. Do I have to be a Frequent Flyer member to participate in the Wellness Rewards 28-Day Trial?
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Qantas Points. Membership and earning Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions. A joining fee usually applies. However, this will be waived if you join when you download the Qantas Assure App. During the Qantas Assure Wellness Rewards 28-Day Trial, Qantas Assure App users will earn Qantas Points without having to purchase an Eligible Qantas Assure Product. Eligible Qantas Assure Products are Qantas Assure Health Insurance Policies, Life Protect Policies and Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Policy. Qantas Points earned during this trial will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account on a fortnightly basis. Once the 28-Day Trial has ended, Qantas Frequent Flyer members who do not purchase an Eligible Qantas Assure Product will accumulate Locked Qantas Points by completing activities through the App. Locked Qantas Points will expire 12 months after the member last accumulated a Locked Qantas Point. Up to 3,000 Locked Qantas Points can be converted to Qantas Points following purchase of an Eligible Qantas Assure Product.
8. Is Qantas a health insurer?
No. Qantas provides its insurances through its chosen underwriters. Qantas Assure Health Insurance is underwritten by nib, Qantas Assure Life Insurance by TAL, and Qantas Assure Travel Insurance by QBE.
9. I live overseas. Will I be able to purchase Qantas Assure insurance products or participate in the Wellness Rewards 28-Day Trial?
Unfortunately not. The insurance component is available to Australian residents only. And the App isn’t accessible overseas.
Find out more about Qantas Assure
You must be insured with Qantas Assure and a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Qantas Points. Qantas Assure membership is subject to the policy Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. Members should seek independent tax advice in relation to earning and redeeming Qantas Points with Qantas Assure. The health insurance provided through Qantas Assure is issued and provided by nib health fund limited ABN 83 000 124 381 (nib).