Frequently asked questions
- How can I earn Qantas Points with Forty Winks?
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer to earn and use Qantas Points when you purchase a product at a Participating Retail Store as outlined below:
-Earn 1 point per $1 spent on a purchase made at either an instore or online Forty Winks store
You will need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer member number at a Participating Retail Store at the time of payment. If you are unable to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number at the time of the transaction, you will be unable to earn Qantas Points.
If you are not a Qantas Frequent Flyer already, join for free here, saving A$89.50. Membership and the earning of points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
- What is a Participating Retail Store?
Any Australian retail or online Forty Winks store.
- How can I use Qantas Points with Forty Winks?
To use Qantas Points, simply let the Participating Retail Store know at the time of payment that you’d like to pay part or all of your bill using points.
If you have a sufficient points balance you will be given the option to pay the entire bill with Qantas Points.
Alternatively, you can reduce your bill in increments of 4,000 Qantas Points. Each increment of 4,000 Qantas Points reduces the cost by $20.
For example, if your purchase is worth $1500.00 (and you do not want to pay the full amount with points), then you might use 20,000 Qantas Points to reduce the cost by $100.You could then choose to either pay the remaining $1400.00 by cash/credit card as you prefer.
- What if I’ve forgotten my Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number?
You are unable to earn or redeem Qantas Points if you cannot produce your Qantas Frequent Flyer member number at the time of sale.
If you access your emails from a smartphone, check for an email from Qantas Frequent Flyer, as your membership number is included at the top of the email. You can also find your Qantas Frequent Flyer number (and points balance) on the Qantas app after logging in.
- What if I’ve forgotten my Qantas Frequent Flyer PIN?
You can reset your Qantas Frequent Flyer PIN at the time of sale by logging in to qantas.com or the Qantas app on your smartphone and choosing the Forgotten PIN feature whilst at the venue.
If you are unable to provide your PIN, then, unfortunately, you cannot use your points to reduce your bill payment. However, you may still earn points for the restaurant bill as your PIN is not required when earning Qantas Points.
- What if I’m not yet a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, but wish to join and earn Qantas Points on my Forty Winks product purchase?
Qantas Frequent Flyer is waiving the joining fee of A$89.50 for Forty Winks customers. You can Join here using your smartphone at a Forty Winks store.
Once you’ve filled in the join form, you’ll receive a Qantas Frequent Flyer number via email which can be used right away.
- Can I earn Qantas Points for the purchase more than once?
No. You can only earn points on a purchase once (and no other Qantas Frequent Flyer member can earn on the same purchase amount unless you agree to split payment of the total cost amount with the other Qantas Frequent Flyer member(s) in which case you will earn points calculated on the portion of the bill you pay).
- Will I earn Qantas Points on the purchase of a Gift Card?
No, points are not earned on the purchase of a gift card.
However, the customer who uses the gift card can choose to earn Qantas Points on their purchase (see below).
- Will I earn Qantas Points on the portion of my Forty Winks product purchase paid for using a gift card(s)?
Yes, you will.
For example, if your purchase totals $1500.00 and you pay $20 with a gift voucher, you will earn Qantas Points on the entire $1500.00 cost.
- What if I have a question about my Qantas Points? What if I think I haven’t received my points?
You should contact the Qantas Frequent Flyer service centre on 13 11 31 or complete the enquiry form at https://www.qantaspoints.com/about/contact-us.
You will need to provide the following information for the query to be followed up by Qantas Frequent Flyer and Forty Winks:
- Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number and full name
- Forty Winks retail store name
- $ amount of purchase
- Can I change my mind about earning or using Qantas Points once my purchase is already settled?
If you are still in the Participating Retail Store you may request to earn points on the amount shown on the receipt. However, you cannot return to the Participating Retail Store the following day to claim unearned points. Once payment has been completed, you cannot elect to use points instead of another form of payment.
- Can I use my Qantas Points in exchange for cash/credit refund?
No. Qantas Points cannot be exchanged for cash or credit refund or gift cards.
For example, if the purchase amount is $1500.00 you cannot pay $1600.00 using Qantas Points, and receive $100 in cash or credit refund. You can either choose to pay the full and exact amount in points, or use 4000 points to reduce the total purchase amount by $20 and pay the remainder in cash/credit as you so choose.
- Can I use my Qantas Points to purchase Forty Winks gift cards?
No, you cannot.
- If I pay my bill with a credit card, do I earn Qantas Points on the surcharge?
No, you only earn points on the product amount, which is calculated before any payment method is determined.
- How long will it take for Qantas Points to be credited to my Qantas Frequent Flyer account?
Your points will be allocated and visible in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 14 days post the delivery date.