Qantas Frequent Flyer & Disney Celebration Competition
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 13 11 31) (Promoter).
- The promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 3 June 2015 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 30 June 2015 (Promotion Period).
- Entry into the promotion is open only to Australia resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged over 18 (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate; registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period register online at www.qantaspoints.com/disney and complete one or more of the following. Eligible Entrants will receive entries into the draw as outlined in clauses 5 a) to k). Multiple entries are permitted:
a) Make an eligible booking with Qantas Airways in accordance with clause 6 (one entry per booking); and/or
b) Make an eligible purchase using Qantas Cash in accordance with clause 7 (one entry per member); and/or
c) Earn Qantas Points with your linked Everyday Rewards card when you shop at Woolworths, BIG W, BWS or Cellarmasters (one entry per member); and/or
d) Swap your preference from fuel savings to Qantas Points in your Everyday Rewards account. Make sure you have a fuel voucher by spending $30 in store at Woolworths and swipe your Everyday Rewards card when you fill up at participating Caltex Woolworths (one entry per member); and/or
e) Purchase a new 1, 2 or 4 Year Qantas Club membership or renew an existing Qantas Club membership. Members joining or renewing a Qantas Club Individual, Partner or Corporate membership will receive one entry (one entry per member); and/or
f) Earn Qantas Points through Qantas Online Mall (one entry per transaction); and/or
g) Book and dine with Qantas Restaurants (one entry per booking); and/or
h) Book a hotel using Qantas Points or Points Plus Pay (one entry per booking); and/or
i) Book car hire using Qantas Points (one entry per booking); and/or
j) Use your Qantas Points on any product at the Qantas Store (one entry per product redeemed); and/or
k) Book an eligible flight in accordance with clause 6 for your business (which is an Aquire Member) between 3 June and 30 June 2015 and the individual Flyer who enters their QFF number into the booking will receive an entry (one entry per booking)
- An eligible flight is any flight with a QF flight number on the ticket. Eligible Entrants must ensure their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number is in the booking, and each member must register separately. For the avoidance of doubt, only new bookings made during the Promotion Period will be eligible. Any bookings made prior to the Promotion Period will not be eligible. Bookings that are cancelled during the Promotion Period will not be eligible.
- a) To be eligible to receive the Qantas Card with the option of Qantas Cash® you must be an Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer member 16 years of age or older. Qantas Cash® is a prepaid MasterCard® payment facility built into the back of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership Card.
b) Heritage Bank Limited (AFSL 240984) (the Issuer) issues Qantas Cash under arrangements between it, Qantas and Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (AFSL 386837) (a MasterCard business) (Access). Access distributes Qantas Cash (together with Qantas which is an authorised representative of Access for the purposes of providing general financial product advice with respect to Qantas Cash). Access can be contacted at email@example.com.
c) Access and Qantas earn foreign exchange revenue from Qantas Cash transactions. Access receives a processing fee from domestic Qantas Cash "point of sale" transactions. Qantas receives revenue generated by Qantas Cash transactions based on interchange fees paid to the Issuer, deposits held by the Issuer, cardholder fee and certain rebates and incentives from MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd.
d) This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider the appropriateness of the information about the Qantas Cash facility having regard to those matters. A Product Disclosure Statement in respect of Qantas Cash is available via qantascash.com, and will also be given to applicants. A person should obtain and consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether to acquire or continue to hold the prepaid facility.
e) Qantas Cash is unable to be used for purchases related to gambling or adult entertainment. Currently Qantas Cash cannot be used in the following countries and geographical regions due to sanctions that are currently in place: Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. If you attempt to withdraw cash from an ATM or use your Card at merchants in any of these countries and geographical regions, your request will be declined. In addition, the ATMs and POS terminals are not owned or operated by the Issuer or Access and the Issuer and Access are not responsible for ensuring that merchants will accept the Card. For example, the Issuer and Access cannot control when an ATM or POS terminal is due for maintenance or is faulty or if a merchant chooses not to accept the Card. In such cases, your Card may not function properly or be declined. For more information please see the Product Disclosure Statement at qantascash.com.
f) Qantas Points are earned on eligible purchases in accordance with the terms and conditions specified at qantascash.com. Eligible purchases do not include money orders, traveller’s cheques, gambling chips, adult entertainment or purchasing foreign currencies in cash. You do not earn Qantas Points when loading funds to your facility, transferring funds to another currency balance or another member’s facility or when withdrawing funds from ATMs or cashing out your facility balance. Purchases that are reversed, refunded or charged-back are also ineligible for points earn, in addition to fees incurred.
g)Other terms and conditions and fees and charges may apply.
- An eligible flight means a domestic or international flight which has a Qantas 'QF' flight number on the ticket that is purchased in Australia; is operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines; has a ticket number commencing with '081'; and is booked and travelled for business on or after the date the business registers for Aquire https://www.aquire.com.au/terms#definationAirline. In the event that the winner is drawn based on entry from an Aquire eligible flight booking, the individual flyer nominated on the booking will be the recipient of the prize not the Aquire Member (business).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The draw will take place at 2:00pm (AEST) on 24 July 2015 at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 and will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
- The result of the draw (and any redraw) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one main prize and 10 runner up prizes (Prizes). The maximum total prize pool is AU$22,207 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
- The Prizes include the following:
|Qantas Frequent Flyer & Disney Celebration Competition||RRP|
Qantas Airways return Economy class flights for up to two adults and four children (up to the age of 11) from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City Airport to Los Angeles, USA (including flight associated taxes)
|Five magical nights at the Disneyland Hotel which includes the exclusive Magic Hour in the Park - The room will be a family share room/s||AU$3,150|
|A five day Disneyland Hopper Pass for each member of the family||AU$1,710|
|A fun-filled character Breakfast for the whole family||AU$240|
|Unforgettable World of Colour Dining Package giving the whole family VIP access to the World of Colour – * Celebrate! Show||AU$228|
|The magical Memory Maker experience, capturing all the photos taken by Disney PhotoPass in the Park||AU$199|
|Return transfers from the airport to Disneyland||AU$180|
|A $2,000 Disney Resort voucher for lots of dining and shopping fun||AU$2,000|
|Total value of the Main Prize is||AU$17,707|
|Runner Up Prize – 10 x 3 piece Disney luggage sets||AU$450 each|
|Maximum total prize pool||AU$22,207|
a) Return flights to and from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City airport on services operated by Qantas Airways Limited.
b) The Prize winner and their guests will receive five night’s accommodation, including breakfast. The rooms will be family share room/s. Accommodation is not upgradable. The Promoter is not responsible for additional accommodation costs including hotel damages caused by the main Prize winner or their guests, room service and incidentals.
- The main Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guests. The Prize winner and their guests must possess a valid Australian passport with a minimum of (6) six months validity from the date of scheduled return to Australia. It is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guests to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be held responsible for any loss or delay that may occur as a result of any passport or visa not being produced for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
- The Promoter will endeavour to book preferred dates for the Winner and their guests, however the Prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their guests must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
- Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 30 November 2015 Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 30 June 2016. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
- The Prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that Prize.
- If the Prizes (or part of the Prizes) are unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winner will be notified by phone and/ or email by 28 July 2015 using the phone number and/ or the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 4 August 2015.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEDT) on 24 October 2015 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 6 November 2015 at the same time and location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 13 November 2015.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 23 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPS/15/03853, ACT TP15/05923, Victorian Permit No. 15/1127 & SA Licence No. T15/878.