Vodafone and Qantas ‘Register Your Interest’ Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion/Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 1300 738 206) (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) Monday 1 February 2016 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) Friday 29 April 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to Qantas Frequent Flyer members residing in Australia, (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
- If the prize winner is under the age of 18, they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian before entering this competition.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period complete the mandatory fields in the form at the bottom of the page on www.qantaspoints.com/earn-points/phone-web.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Eligible Entrants will receive one entry per completed form. Multiple entries are not permitted.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the form is submitted.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- There will be one draw. The draw will take place at 2pm (AEST) Friday 6 May 2016 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089 (Drawer).
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be three prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$2,997 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
- Each prize is a Samsung 32GB Galaxy S6 Edge gold colour mobile phone valued at $999 each.
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winners will be notified by email within 2 days after the draw and their names will be published on the Qantas Points website and in The Australian newspaper on Friday 13 May 2016.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5pm (AEST) Monday 8 August 2016, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Monday 22 August 2016 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email within two days after the draw and their names will be published on the Qantas Points website and in The Australian newspaper on Monday 29 August 2016.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause paragraph 20 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Authorised under NSW permit number LTPS/16/00392.