WIN A TRIP TO HAMILTON ISLAND
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020, telephone number 1300 738206 (Promoter).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 6am (AEST) 31 August 2016 and closes at 11.59pm (AEDT) 14 December 2016 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members, who are also Woolworths Rewards members and who are aged 18 or over (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA), and each of their and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period opt in to convert Woolworths Dollars to Qantas Points at woolworthsrewards.com.au. Every 2,000 Woolworths Points earned (equates to $10 Woolworths Dollars) as of 11.59pm (AEDT) 14 December 2016 will be converted to 870 Qantas Points and each Qantas Point will count as one entry in the draw. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Multiple entries are permitted. Eligible Entrants can only win a maximum of one Prize each.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
- The draw will take place at 2pm (AEDT) 13 January 2017 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The maximum total prize pool value is AU$ 172,242 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
There will be seven prizes. The first seven Eligible Entrants drawn will each win a trip to Hamilton Island for themselves and 10 companions including:
a) Qantas Economy return flight transfers from each winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney if required (includes taxes, fees and carrier charges).
b) Qantas flight between Sydney and Hamilton Island departing on Friday 12 May 2017 and returning on Sunday 14 May 2017. Winners will be informed of exact departure times no later than one month after the winner notification.
c) Two nights' accommodation at the Reef View Hotel in a Garden or Sea View standard room, twin share or single occupancy, subject to availability. Includes breakfast daily, return Hamilton Island airport/marina to hotel transfers, use of the scheduled ‘Island Shuttle’ service, and use of the hotel catamarans, stand up paddleboards, windsurfers and snorkelling equipment.
d) A half day cruise to Whitehaven Beach with Cruise Whitsundays including a return trip from Hamilton island to Whitehaven Beach, morning or afternoon tea and a guided tour. Departure date and time will be advised prior to or during the guest’s stay.
e) An organised dinner on Hamilton Island including food and a 3-hour drinks package. Details of event will be advised prior to or during the guest’s stay.
Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companions must travel together on all prize travel.
The maximum value of each prize is $24,606. The maximum value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum value of each Prize.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companions. Companions aged under 18 years of age must have consent from their parent or guardian. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- Any additional incidental charges including meals (other than those specified), mini bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls are at the guest’s own expense and should be settled prior to departure. Usage of hotel equipment is subject to hotel terms and conditions at www.hamiltonisland.com.au/booking-conditions.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
- The winner must contact Qantas to book all prize travel and provide companions full names and date of birth by 14 April 2017. The winner and their companions must arrive at Sydney Qantas Domestic terminal at least 3 hours prior to chartered flight departure. There can be no changes to arrangements of flight, accommodation, cruise or dinner bookings once tickets have been issued or reservations are confirmed.
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner or their travel companion is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winners will be notified by email by 17 January 2017 and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper and, on qantaspoints.com.au/woolworths on 19 January 2017.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5.00pm on 20 January 2017, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 27 January 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email by 31 January 2017 and their names will be published in The Australian newspaper and, on qantaspoints.com.au/woolworths on 3 February 2017.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 16 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/06845, ACT TP16/01667 & SA Licence No. T16/1497.